Celle : introduction
Celle airfield is open to military air traffic. It is used by a helicopter training school, a helicopter maintenance unit and a helicopter liaison and reconnaissance squadron.
Located 6.4 km south-west of Celle in Lower Saxony, it can accommodate helicopters of all types, light jets, intermediates, long-haul aircrafts and turboprops.
AEROAFFAIRES tells you everything you need to know about organising your flight from Celle airfield.
History of Celle airfield
- 1933 : the Deutscher Luftsportverband is founded as a disguise to speed up the construction of an air force. The Treaty of Versailles of 1919 forbids the German government to have its own air force.
- 1934 : The flying school starts operating.
- 1935 : Official announcement of a German air force. Over the years, the aircraft stationed at the air base become larger and larger
- 1945 : the base is handed over to the British army.
- 1948 : it came under the control of the Royal Air Force Germany but it had many advantages that pleased the Allies. Thus, the base is partly handed over to the US Air Force, while remaining under RAF control.
- 1949 : The airfield is again used solely by British forces.
- 1957 : The British Army hands over the airfield to the German Army.
- 1961 : When the Berlin Wall is built, a small US National Guard unit is stationed here.
- Since then, several squadrons have been hosted over the years.
Location & access to Celle airfield
- Address : Flugplatz 9, 29225 Celle, Germany
- Coordinates : 52° 35′ 28″ North / 10° 01′ 20″ East
- Altitude : 128 m
Located 6.4 km southwest of Celle, it takes about 13 minutes to reach by car from the town.
If you wish, AEROAFFAIRES can take care of your transfer by hiring a car with a private driver.
Practical information about Celle aerodrome
Celle airport has a runway.
The coordinates of the airport of Celle
- Airport Code : EGTC
- Latitude : 52° 35′ 28″ N
- Longitude : 10° 01′ 20″ E
- Altitude : 128 meters
- Runway length : 1 831 m.
This airport can accommodate private aircraft.
Recommendations on the airport's surroundings
Where to stay in Celle?
During your stay in Germany, hotels and guest houses are available to welcome you. However, AEROAFFAIRES recommends that you book a room at the Althoff Hotel Fürstenhof, located about 11 minutes from the airport.
Price examples for private jet rental from or to Celle
- Aircraft category : Light private jet
- Duration : 1h20
- Number of passengers: 5 to 11 depending on the type of aircraft
- Price estimate : from €9,750
- Aircraft category : Turboprop
- Duration : 1h 50min
- Number of passengers : 4 to 19 depending on aircraft type
- Price estimate : from €9,500
Would you like to organise a business trip or a private family flight to or from Celle ?
Our team can book private jets certified in Public Transport and provide you with operational assistance before your departure and until your arrival at your destination, in complete confidentiality.
AEROAFFAIRES is also a committed company. To find out more, visit our SkyCO2 page on our commitment to biodiversity.
Our on-demand flight service is available 7/7-24H/24H; contact us on + 33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or we will respond to your request for an online quote as soon as possible.