FALCON 900 : Introduction
The aeronautical company Dassault Aviation creates private jets with high standards of engineering, structural quality and technological advancements in the field of business aviation. Dassault Aviation is constantly improving its aircraft to meet these standards in the aviation market. With the arrival of the Falcon 900, Dassault Aviation has introduced an exceptional private jet to the private aviation market. It is one of the most popular private jets. Ideal for a transatlantic flight, it offers outstanding safety and flexibility for the flight plan due to its flight altitude.
Falcon 900: brief history
Developed from the Falcon 50, the Falcon 900 was designed to offer greater travel comfort by having a larger cabin.
A few key figures:
- 8 200 km of autonomy
- 3 jet engines
- 2 pilots are needed to fly this aircraft.
A few key dates:
- 1983: the Dassault design office announces the Falcon 900 or 900 A project at the Paris Air Show.
- 1984: 1st test flight of the jet from Bordeaux-Mérignac.
- 1986: the aircraft obtains its certificate of flightworthiness.
- 1991: creation of a new version of the aircraft in the range, the Falcon 900 B.
- 1994: introduction of the Falcon EX, based on the Falcon 900B.
- 1995: first flight of the Falcon EX.
Other versions of these models were created over the years: 900 C, 900 MPA, 900 EX EASy, 900 DX EASy and the Falcon 900LX.
Similar private jets: Challenger 604, Challenger 850, Hawker 4000, Global 5000, Gulfstream GIV, Embraer Legacy 600
The different versions of the Falcon 900
Designed for long-haul flights with a service ceiling of 15,500 meters, this business jet has a different range depending on the aircraft range:
- Falcon 900 A and 900 B: 7,500 km
- Falcon 900 EX / C / DX: 8,300 km
- Falcon 900 LX: 8,800 km
The crew is managed by two pilots, and a stewardess can be used on long-haul flights in a well-proportioned cabin: 11.90 meters long, 1.88 meters high, and 2.34 meters wide.
The Dassault aircraft offers a very nice flying experience. This private jet, and particularly the 900 EX version, remains an exceptional prestige aircraft. It is a formidable machine for long distance flights such as Switzerland – Russia.
The only concern that can be voiced, in a tense economic context, is its price per hour of flight. It is higher than its equivalents. The great flexibility of this jet allows an impressive variety of missions. This private jet can be used as well in the field of :
- civil aviation
- official missions (transport of heads of state or ministries)
- maritime surveillance
- military transport aircraft
The 900 C has the performance of the 900 B and the latest generation avionics of the 900 EX. This private aircraft is an excellent intercontinental business aircraft. It upholds Dassault Aviation’s promise to deliver the best onboard experience with the latest innovations in the aviation industry.
The advantages of the FALCON 900
- Performance: ideal for transatlantic flights, Dassault’s aircraft is qualified for long-haul flights. Depending on the model, it has a range of between 7,500 and 8,800 km. Finally, its altitude ceiling is around 15,500 m, so the possibilities of itineraries are variable.
- Cabin: like most of the Falcon family, this business jet accommodates 12 to 14 passengers in one cabin. Its dimensions are designed for comfortable travel.
Example of FALCON 900 flight prices
- London – Lisbon / 9 passengers: 35 000 €
- Paris – Saint-Tropez: from 18 000 €
- Geneva – Berlin: from 20 000 €