Blackpool : introduction
Blackpool Airport is located on the Fylde coast in Lancashire, England. It was also known as Squires Gate Airport and Blackpool International Airport.
Blackpool Airport has a Public Use Aerodrome Licence from the Civil Aviation Authority which allows flights for the public carriage of passengers or for flight instruction. The airport also welcomes private aircraft.
AEROAFFAIRES tells you everything you need to know about organising your flight from Blackpool Airport.
History of Blackpool Airport
- 1909: first use of the airport for aviation
- 1914: Airport used as a military hospital until 1924
- 1930: Flights from the site resumed
- 1937: Airfield expanded and improved
- 1939: three asphalt runways were laid for the Second World War
- 2014: airport closed for commercial operations
- 2015: airport reopened
Location & access to Blackpool Airport
- Address: Squires Gate Ln, Blackpool FY4 2QY, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53° 46′ 18″ North / 003° 01′ 43″ East
- Elevation : 10m
- Access: Situated on the Fylde Coast, near the town of Blackpool, the airport is easily accessible by car or taxi.
It takes an average of 15 minutes to reach Blackpool town centre.
AEROAFFAIRES will be happy to book you a chauffeur-driven car. Whatever type of car you require (Mercedes S Class, VIANO, Limousine), its driver will be waiting for you on arrival and will drive you to your meeting point, or will be at your disposal throughout your stay.
Practical information about Blackpool Airport
The airport has two runways:
- an asphalt runway, 1,869 metres long
- a second asphalt runway, 998 metres long
Airport coordinates :
- Airport Code : BLK
- Latitude: 53° 46′ 18″ N
- Longitude : 003° 01′ 43″ E
The airport is open to public and private aviation.
Recommendations on the town of Blackpool
Where to stay in Blackpool?
AEROAFFAIRES recommends staying at the Number One South Beach. Located less than a minute from the beach, the hotel offers luxurious accommodation. You can also enjoy the hotel’s restaurant, which serves seasonal dishes and local produce.
What to do in Blackpool
Blackpool is known for its many adrenaline-pumping attractions. The Blackpool Tower is also a tourist attraction. This tower is inspired by the Eiffel Tower. You can also stroll along the seafront and enjoy Blackpool’s beautiful sandy beaches which offer miles of entertainment for families, couples and travellers of all backgrounds.
Sample prices for private jet charter to/from Blackpool Airport
Blackpool – Paris
- Aircraft: Light private jet
- Number of passengers: 4 to 7
- Flight time: 1h30
- Price estimate: from €10,450
- Aircraft: Light private jet
- Number of passengers: 5
- Flight time: 45 mins
- Price estimate: from €11,750
Our team can book certified private jets in Public Transport and provide you with operational assistance before your departure and until your arrival at your destination, in complete confidentiality.
AEROAFFAIRES is also a committed company. To find out more, visit our SkyCO2 page on our commitment to biodiversity.
Our on-demand flight service is available 7/7-24H/24H; contact us on + 33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com, or we will respond to your request for an online quote as soon as possible.