Pavullo nel Frignano : introduction
Pavullo nel Frignano airport is open to business aviation, civil, public and sports air traffic and is used for civil protection and emergency exercises. In the buildings there is also a flying school.
Located about 2 km south of Pavullo nel Frignano, it can accommodate helicopters of all types, light jets, midsize jets, long-range jets and turboprops aircrafts.
AEROAFFAIRES tells you everything you need to know about planning your next flight from Pavullo nel Frignano Airport.
History of Pavullo nel Frignano Airport
- 1920s : Luigi Teichfuss and Umberto Nannini, identified the locality as an ideal location for the future flight school.
- 1923 : construction work on the airfield begins.
- 1927 : the first students of the school are certified.
- 1930 : the first national school is built for the cadets of the Italian Air Force, to accommodate them in training courses as students of the Regia flight school without engines.
- 1931 : the Pavullo field is recognised as an airport. In the same year, the Pavullo school began to select and train future gliding instructors, civil and military specialists and finally also winch operators.
- 1944 : the airport was destroyed by German troops during their retreat and after the war the school’s activities were transferred to another airport.
- 1955 : the Aero Club Pavullo is founded inside the buildings.
- 1990s : the first gliding school with winch launch is founded, which still today represents excellence in the Italian flying scene.
Location & access to Pavullo nel Frignano airport
- Address : Via teichfuss, 6, 41026 Pavullo nel Frignano MO, Italy
- Coordinates : 44° 19′ 20″ North / 10° 49′ 54″ East
- Altitude : 684 m
Located about 2 km south of Pavullo nel Frignano, it will take you about 4 minutes to reach it by car.
If you wish, AEROAFFAIRES can take care of your transfer by hiring a car with a private driver.
Practical information about Pavullo nel Frignano airport
Pavullo nel Frignano airport has an airstrip.
Pavullo nel Frignano Airport details
- Airport Code : LIDP
- Latitude : 44° 19′ 20″ N
- Longitude : 10° 49′ 54″ E
- Altitude : 684 m.
- Runway length : 1,190 m.
This airport can accommodate private aircraft.
Recommendations on the airport's surroundings
Where to stay in Modena?
During your stay in the Italian province, hotels and guest houses are available to accommodate you. However, AEROAFFAIRES recommends that you book a room at the Hotel Rua Frati 48, located approximately 56 minutes from the airport by car.
Price examples for private jet rental to and from Pavullo nel Frignano
Pavullo nel Frignano – Paris
- Aircraft category : Turboprop
- Duration : 2h05
- Number of passengers : 6 to 12 depending on the type of aircraft
- Price estimate : from €9,700
Pavullo nel Frignano – London
- Aircraft category : Light private jet
- Duration : 2 hours
- Number of passengers : 7 to 11 depending on the type of aircraft
- Price estimate : from €14,300
Would you like to organise a business trip or a private family flight to or from Pavullo nel Frignano ?
Our team can book private jets certified in Public Transport and provide you with operational assistance before your departure and until your arrival at your destination, in complete confidentiality.
AEROAFFAIRES is also a committed company. To find out more, visit our SkyCO2 page on our commitment to biodiversity.
Our on-demand flight service is available 7/7-24H/24H; contact us on + 33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or we will respond to your request for an online quote as soon as possible.