Are you planning to use a private jet rental service to travel to Skiathos? For a weekend or business trip, AEROAFFAIRES is your specialist in private jet charter, at the best rates.
Skiathos National Airport is located on the Greek island of Skiathos.
History of Skiathos Airport
- 1972: Airport opened
- 1980: a new passenger terminal and control tower were built
- 2014: The runway was extended and a new taxiway was introduced. The runway was extended by 110 metres on the north side of the airport
- 2015: Signature of the agreement between Skiathos Airport and Frankfurt Airport, and 13 other regional airports in Greece. The agreement allows Fraport AG to operate all 14 airports for 40 years, starting in autumn 2016.
- 2016: An extension was added to the taxiway, allowing an additional 4-5 parking spaces
Location & access to Skiathos Airport
- Address: Airport, Skiathos 370 02, Greece
- Coordinates: 39° 10′ 39″ North, 23° 30′ 13″ East
- Altitude: 16 m
- Access: The island of Skiathos is small, so it is easy to get to the airport by car or taxi.
It will take you an average of :
- 10 minutes from the centre of Skiathos
AEROAFFAIRES will be happy to book a car with a driver for you. Whatever type of car you need (Mercedes S Class, VIANO, Limousine), its driver will be waiting for you on your arrival and will drive you to your meeting place, or will be at your disposal during your stay.
Practical information about Skiathos airport
The airport has only one runway, 1,628 metres long, which is considered very short for commercial flights.
To shorten the take-off distance, the aircraft must fly at low loads. This means that the aircraft cannot carry enough fuel for direct flights to Northern Europe and must stop again to refuel.
In 2021, the traffic will generate more than 200,000 passengers.
Airport details :
- Airport Code : LGSK
- Latitude: 39° 11′ 0” N
- Longitude : 23° 30′ 0” E
Skiathos Island Recommendations
Where to stay in Skiathos?
AEROAFFAIRES recommends that you stay at the Elivi Skiathos . Surrounded by four beaches and offering panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, this hotel is considered one of the most beautiful addresses in the Sporades archipelago. You can also enjoy its gastronomic Mediterranean cuisine, which is expressed in different ways in the four restaurants. After a day full of discoveries, you can enjoy a moment of relaxation at the Elivi Spa.
What to do in Skiathos?
First of all, head to the capital of Skiathos, located in the south-east of the island. Here you will find a warm atmosphere, many bars and restaurants as well as small shops of all kinds.
In the north of the island you will find the beach of Lalaria. Besides being beautiful, it is also famous for its two sea caves. Both caves can be enjoyed from a private boat or by swimming across the crystal clear waters.
Example of prices for jet rental to Skiathos
Paris – Skiathos
- Aircraft : Light private jet
- Number of passengers: 4 to 7
- Flight time: 3h10
- Price estimate: from €16,800
At AEROAFFAIRES, our team is available every day, 24 hours a day. Contact us on + 33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com, or we will respond to your request for an online quote as soon as possible.