Description of the Bombardier CRJ-200
Introducing The Bombardier CRJ-200: A Reliable, Economical Airliner Available for Hire with AEROAFFAIRES
Bombardier’s Canadian Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ) 200 was designed to meet the performance and cost control needs of the burgeoning regional airliner market.
Its two General Electric turbofan engines allow it to reach a level of performance comparable to that of a large airliner, with lower fuel consumption, increased cruise altitude and speed compared to previous models.
The CRJ-200 features a well-designed cabin and an advanced cockpit. The machine has a large luggage compartment as well as compartments in the cabin for storing hand luggage. The CRJ 200 can fly groups over a radius of 2,700 km. Fifty passengers can be accommodated on board, in two rows of seats on either side of a 12 metre long central corridor. A galley allows the service of snacks and hot or cold drinks.
The Cabin of the CRJ-200
The CRJ-200 cabin offers a comfortable and spacious environment for passengers. With a seating capacity of up to 50 passengers, the cabin is thoughtfully designed to provide a pleasant travel experience. Passengers can enjoy ample legroom, ergonomic seating, and large overhead compartments for convenient storage of personal belongings. The cabin’s noise-reducing technology ensures a quieter atmosphere, allowing for a more relaxed journey.
The Cockpit of the CRJ-200
The cockpit of the CRJ-200 boasts modern avionics and advanced systems, providing pilots with a sophisticated and efficient flying experience. Equipped with digital flight displays, intuitive controls, and advanced navigation systems, the cockpit ensures enhanced situational awareness and precise control over the aircraft. The ergonomically designed layout and user-friendly interface contribute to improved pilot productivity and safety.
Perfect for Group Charters
The Bombardier CRJ 200 is a perfect choice for group charters. Whether you are looking to fly out your staff for an important business trip or conference, flying out a sports team or perhaps even a group of musicians for a festival or performance, AEROAFFAIRES can adapt your air charter to your needs. This is also an ideal aircraft for government, royal, VIP and incentive charters.
Booking a private plane to travel as a group offers a significant financial advantage. Chartering is often cheaper than the group travel offers of regular airlines. AEROAFFAIRES is committed to respecting your budget and promises to offer you the solution best suited to your needs.
Thinking about renting a Bombardier CRJ-200 for your next trip? Get in touch with us to request a free, no-commitment quote or contact our air experts 24/7 at +33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82.
Interesting Facts about the CRJ-200
- Long-Standing Service: Despite the end of production in 2006, the CRJ-200 continues to serve the aviation industry. Its reliability, performance, and cost-effectiveness have ensured its longevity, with many of these aircraft still in active service around the world.
- Market Presence: The CRJ-200 has enjoyed considerable success in the regional jet market. It has been a popular choice among regional airlines, offering efficient operations, excellent fuel economy, and the ability to serve smaller airports with limited infrastructure.
- Airlines such as SkyWest Airlines, Mesa Airlines, and Air Wisconsin have incorporated the CRJ-200 into their fleets for regional passenger operations.
- Government and Military Entities such as the United States Air Force and other military branches have employed the CRJ-200 for special missions, intelligence gathering, and VIP transport.
- Conversion to Special Missions: In addition to passenger service, the CRJ-200 has also been modified for various special missions. These include roles such as air ambulance, cargo transport, and government operations, demonstrating its adaptability and versatility.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Acquisition: In 2020, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) acquired the CRJ program from Bombardier, solidifying its commitment to supporting the CRJ-200 and other variants. MHI’s expertise and resources ensure continued maintenance, parts availability, and technical support for CRJ operators.
Technical Specifications of the Bombardier CRJ-200
- ModelCRJ 200
- ClassificationCommercial Airliners
- Speed785 km/h
- Hourly rates8100 €/hour
- Range2770 km
- Interior Height2.5 m
- Interior Width1.86 m
- Luggage compartment volume7 m³
- Crew2 pilots + flight attendant
- Purchase Price 35,000,000 €