DASH 8-Q400: introduction
The Dash 8-Q400, a marvel of regional aviation, embodies the perfect blend of performance, versatility and comfort. Developed by aircraft manufacturer Bombardier, this turboprop is the latest iteration of the Q400 series, and stands out for its exceptional operational capabilities.
With its high passenger capacity, the Dash 8-Q400 offers an ideal solution for regional routes, combining fuel efficiency and operational flexibility. Its modern design, combined with advanced features, makes it a preferred choice for airlines seeking to offer a superior travel experience.
AEROAFFAIRES invites you to discover the world of the Dash 8-Q400, where cutting-edge technology meets the luxury of air travel.
DASH 8-Q400: a little history
The Dash 8-Q400, an evolving chapter in the history of regional aviation, has its roots in the prestigious lineage of De Havilland Canada. Launched in the early 2000s, this sophisticated turboprop is the latest incarnation of the Dash 8 series, renowned for its versatility and reliability.
Its twin-engine propulsion rapidly conquered the skies, becoming a benchmark in short- to medium-haul air transport. Its modern design and impressive performance make it a preferred choice for airlines seeking to meet the operational and comfort requirements of regional routes.
Key dates for the DASH 8-Q400
- 1998: Program announcement – The Q400 series is announced by Bombardier, continuing the development of the Dash 8 family.
- 2000: First flight – The Dash 8-Q400 makes its maiden flight, marking the start of flight testing to evaluate its performance.
- 2000s: Entry into service – The first examples of the Dash 8-Q400 enter service with various airlines, paving the way for successful commercial operation.
- 2008: Acquisition by Bombardier – De Havilland Canada, the original manufacturer of the Dash 8, is acquired by Bombardier, consolidating the latter’s position in the aerospace industry.
- 2019: Return to De Havilland Aircraft of Canada – Bombardier’s Q series is sold to Longview Aviation Capital, which relaunches the De Havilland Aircraft of Canada brand. The Dash 8-Q400 is thus taken back by its original manufacturer.
- 2020: Cargo conversion program launched – De Havilland Aircraft of Canada announces the cargo conversion program for the Dash 8-Q400, highlighting its versatility.
Special features of the DASH 8-Q400
The DASH 8-Q400’s cabin features include:
- Cargo conversion: The Q400 can be converted into a cargo version, offering a versatile solution for transporting goods.
- Aerodynamic design: Advanced aerodynamic design, including six-blade propellers, contributes to the Q400’s fuel efficiency and performance.
- Advanced systems: Equipped with modern avionics systems, the Dash 8-Q400 offers advanced navigation and flight management capabilities.
Book your flight with AEROAFFAIRES
Experts in private aircraft charter, AEROAFFAIRES offers VIP, personalized service at the best price. Whatever aircraft you are looking for, your dedicated flight consultant will provide you with 24/7 assistance up to 2 hours before your flight.
AEROAFFAIRES is also committed to sustainable development. We have created the SkyCO2 program in partnership with associations fighting deforestation in South America, and thus offset 100% of the CO2 emitted by our private flights.
To request a personalized, no-obligation quote, our aviation experts are available 24/7 at +33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out our online quote form and receive a response within two hours.