London , the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is a modern city whose history dates back to Roman times. At its center stands the imposing Parliament, the iconic Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, the coronation place of the British monarchs. On the other side of the Thames, the London Eye, the Ferris Wheel, offers panoramic views of the South Bank Center, and the entire city.
Farnborough (pronounced fɑːn-brʊ) is a town in the county of Hampshire in the south of England. It is particularly famous for hosting every two years in July (the even years alternating with the French show Bourget), the air show Farnborough (Farnborough Air Show) on the airfield of the city. This city is about 50 km from Charing Cross (in the heart of London).
Location & access
Location: Located 64 km from the City business district, you can reach the center of London by road (about 1 hour) or by air, by helicopter (flight time 12 min).
Specificities: With 50,000 movements recorded each year, and its 2,608m long runway, Farnborough Airport can accommodate all types of aircraft ranging from the smallest jet or turboprop to the largest carrier.
Note the specificities of timetables : The airport is open from Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 22:00 and weekends and holidays from 08:00 to 20:00. The airport is closed at Christmas.
Additional services: Several services are available until your boarding:
- VIP and discreet lounges where you will find snacks, refreshments, newspapers.
- Meeting rooms.
- Shower rooms for passengers.
A limousine service to take you aboard the plane is available. In case of bad weather, it saves you a lot of inconvenience.
Proposals of destinations:
- London Farnborough – Zurich: Citation Mustang – 1:45 – 4 passengers – from 5,500 euros
- London Farnborough – Munich: CJ1 – 1h50 – 6 passengers – from 7,300 euros
- London Farnborough – Geneva: King Air 90 – 2:25 – 6 passengers – from 6,300 euros
- London Farnborough – Milan: King Air 200 – 2h50 – 7 passengers – from 6 950euros
- London Farnborough – Paris Le Bourget: Citation II – 0h50 – 8 passengers – from 5 150euros
- London Farnborough – Madrid: Mustang – 2:35 – 4 passengers – from 6,900 euros
- London Farnborough – NYC: Gulfstream G-550 – 7:15 am – 16 passengers – from 57,050 euros
- London Farnborough – Ibiza: Mustang – 2h30 – 4 passengers – from 8 150 euros
- London Farnborough – Palma de Mallorca: Citation Bravo – 2:20 – 8 passengers – from 9,700 euros
- London Farnborough – Moscow: Hawker 800 XP – 2h10 – 6 passengers – from 15 900 euros