Santorini is one of the Cyclades Islands in the Aegean Sea. It was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in the 16th century BC. AD, which definitively shaped its rugged landscapes. The cube-shaped white houses of its 2 main cities, Fira and Oia, are hung on cliffs overlooking a submarine caldera (crater). They dominate the sea, small islands in the west and beaches composed of black, red and white lava pebbles.
Location & access
Santorini National Airport (Thira) is an airport serving Santorini / Thira, Greece
- IATA code: JTR
- ICAO code: LGSR
located north of the village of Kamari. The airport is both a civilian airport and a military airbase. With a fairly small tarmac, it can accommodate up to 6 devices simultaneously.
Santorini is one of the few Cycladic islands to have an international airport. It is located 6 kilometers southeast of the city of Thira. The asphalt runway is oriented 16L-34R and is 2 125 meters long. The tarmac, parallel to the runway, can accommodate Boeing 757 , Boeing 737 , Airbus A320 , Avro RJ , Fokker 70, and ATR 72 . The airport operates scheduled flights to Athens throughout the year, and many charter flights throughout the summer. In 2014, the airport handled 1,179,653 passengers, 31.3% more than the previous year.
Price estimate for the rental of a private jet
• Turboprop taxi plane: King Air 350 , Piaggio Avanti P180
• Private jet business jet type: Falcon 50 , Falcon 900 , Falcon 7X , Challenger 604 , Challenger 605 , Hawker 1000 , Citation2 , Quote CJ2 , Quote CJ3 , Quote CJ4 , Gulfstream G300, GIV, G450, G550, GV,
• Helicopter: Squirrel AS 350 , Dauphin AS 365 , EC 135 , EC 120
• Commercial aircraft of medium and large capacity to carry between 19 and 400 passengers: Embraer 135 or 145 , Boeing 737 , Airbus A320 , A330 …
• 19 to 50-seat VIP jet commercial aircraft: Airbus A 319 Elite , Boeing BBJ , Boeing 757 …