By definition, business aviation refers to air transport dedicated to carrying passengers on demand. It is thus distinguished from commercial and scheduled aviation. Business aviation covers different types of activities and missions.
The aim of the air broker is to research the needs of the customers and the best rates. The strength of an air broker is his reactivity and availability to accompany the client. AEROAFFAIRES offers various services as it does not have its own fleet, such as VIP flights, cargo flights, medical flights and group flights for company seminars for example. Business aviation is presented as a productivity tool for companies because of its numerous advantages: time saving, flexibility, safety and comfort for example. It is important to know that business aircraft have safety levels equal to or better than those of commercial aircraft. In this article, AEROAFFAIRES presents the key figures for business aviation.
According to the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) report of 2021, business aviation in a few figures is :
From a European perspective:
- 57.3% of business flights in Europe are commercial flights.
- 27.8% of business flights in Europe are non-commercial.
- 8.1% of business flights in Europe are medical flights, i.e. related to the transport of medical equipment or patients.
- 6.8% of business flights in Europe are military flights.
- + 6% is the increase in private jet movements in Europe in 2021, compared to 2019. This represents a total of 1,299,939 movements (departures and arrivals) recorded over the year 2021.
- 3,241 is the number of flights that took place between Paris Le Bourget and Geneva airport in 2021, the most common route for business aviation.
- +38.3%: the increase in total private jet movements (departures and arrivals) in March 2022 compared to March 2021 in Europe.
From a national point of view, business aviation in France is :
- 796.5 is the average number of daily business aviation flights last month, March 2022 in France.
- 77.1 is the average number of business aircraft departures per day from Paris Le Bourget airport during March 2022. It is Europe’s main and leading business airport. It is a reference in the world of business aviation.
- 48,591 is the number of movements (departures and arrivals) at Paris Le Bourget airport in 2021.
- 243,189 is the number of movements (departures and arrivals) that took place in France in 2021, which represents a growth of 2.5% compared to 2019.
- 2,596 is the number of flights that took place between Paris-Le Bourget and Nice Côte d’Azur in 2021, which is the most common intra-national route.
From the point of view of flexibility :
- 10 times more airports in Europe are accessible with private jets compared to commercial aviation. 25,000 business jet connections are possible in Europe. Business aviation takes you as close as possible to your destination.
- ⅔ of private companies fly routes not offered by conventional airlines.
- 8% is the share of business aviation in global air traffic.
From the point of view of productivity and time saving:
- 57 days is the number of working days saved per year for those who opt for private aviation for their business trips.
- 3.5 hours is the average time saved by travelling on a private flight compared to commercial routes.
- 18 minutes is the average time from passenger arrival at the private terminal to jet take-off.
- 40% of business aviation flights are scheduled at the last minute, i.e. in the same week as the departure day.
From the point of view of business aviation jobs :
- 449,000 direct and indirect jobs are generated by business aviation in Europe, according to the latest 2021 report.
- 101,500 direct and indirect jobs are generated by business aviation in France, according to the latest report in 2021.
Business aviation offers many advantages such as flexibility and time saving and as the figures show, it is constantly evolving. It is a sector that has been growing, particularly since the global pandemic. It is fast becoming popular and continues to attract new customers. There is no doubt that business aviation has a bright future ahead of it.
At AEROAFFAIRES, we use our expertise to offer you private jet flights that perfectly match your expectations and needs. For any request for a business jet charter, contact us on +33 1 44 09 91 82, or fill in our online quote. You can also contact us at the following email address: email@example.com. We will reply as soon as possible.