Winter will soon give way to the beautiful days of summer. And in summer, yachting and private jets are two universes that make people dream. They rub shoulders like the small port of Saint-Tropez and are the talk of the town. AEROAFFAIRES introduces you to these two worlds with similar codes: luxury in the air and luxury on the sea.
Why are yachting and private jets the stuff of dreams?
Yachting and private jets are dream worlds for several reasons.
Firstly, both modes of transport offer an exclusive and luxurious travel experience, reserved for a wealthy elite.
Secondly, yachting and private jets offer a great deal of freedom in the choice of destinations, with the possibility of accessing remote areas or areas that are difficult to reach by traditional transport. Space is no longer a constraint for passengers who use these means of transport.
In addition, both worlds can only be associated with a premium level of comfort and service.
Yachting and private jets are dream worlds, associated by the general public with a certain image of prestige and social success. Images that symbolise power and financial success. People who can afford these exclusive modes of transport often have a high social status. They are admired for their luxurious lifestyle. These worlds fascinate. For proof, you only have to go to the mythical port of Saint-Tropez in the Mediterranean. From there you can see how much tourists like to spend time looking at the yachts and perhaps even imagining themselves on board.
What is yachting?
Yachting is the leisure activity of sailing on a luxury yacht. The term “yacht” means a large pleasure boat. Yachts are usually used for private cruises or special events. Yachts are equipped with all modern comforts. For example
- spacious cabins
- elegant lounges
- dining rooms
- outdoor relaxation areas
- sports halls
- cinemas, etc.
What are the advantages of yachting?
Yachting has many advantages for luxury travellers:
- Freedom: Booking a yacht offers great freedom of movement. It allows travellers to choose their own itinerary and sail to remote and uncrowded destinations.
- Comfort: All modern amenities are on board yachts. They offer a high level of comfort for passengers, with spacious cabins, elegant lounges, private bathrooms, outdoor relaxation areas, Jacuzzis, gyms, cinemas, etc.
- Luxury: Yachting is associated with an image of luxury and prestige. Indeed, it offers passengers an exclusive and refined experience.
- Exclusivity: Only a wealthy elite has access to yachting. This adds to the exclusivity and prestige of the experience.
- Privacy: Yachting allows passengers to enjoy total privacy. Passengers have private areas to relax and recharge.
- Personalized service: Yacht crews are trained to offer a personalized and attentive service. They respond to passengers’ needs and requests.
- Exploration of new horizons: Yachting allows you to discover destinations that are inaccessible to traditional transportation. This makes the travel experience unique and memorable.
All these advantages make yachting a luxury and exclusive travel option. It offers an unforgettable experience to those lucky enough to be able to afford it.
What are the most popular summer yachting destinations?
Yachting can be done for a day, a weekend, a week or more. There are solutions according to the desires and availability of the yacht owners or charterers. The most popular destinations for yachting are the coastal regions of the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, the Indian Ocean or the Pacific, as well as exotic archipelagos like the Maldives or the Seychelles. According to Ouest France, in summer, half of the yachts disembark in Mediterranean ports. One of the world’s 6,000 yachts can be seen in one of these popular summer destinations:
- The Côte d’Azur in the south of France is an iconic yachting destination, with its exclusive ports of St Tropez, Antibes, Cannes and Monaco.
- Greek Islands: The Greek islands, including Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu, offer crystal clear waters, picturesque villages and secluded beaches, ideal for yachting.
- The Caribbean: Caribbean islands such as the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands and St. Maarten offer picture-postcard scenery, white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
- Maldives: The Maldives is an increasingly popular yachting destination, with remote islands, spectacular coral reefs and crystal clear waters.
- Fiji Islands: Fiji, in the South Pacific, is a yachting destination.
What are the current trends in yachting?
The much-loved world of yachting is seeing new trends emerge to meet new challenges.
According to research findings, there are several current trends in the luxury yachting industry.
First of all, dayboats are becoming more and more popular, according to the dedicated article in PelagiaYachting. For families and couples it is an ideal and affordable way to enjoy yachting.
Furthermore, Monaco Tribune highlights a trend to encourage the development of green marinas. They will host the yachts of tomorrow: greener, more environmentally friendly, less energy consuming.
Finally, a recent report, “The Global Luxury Yachting Market Report 2021-2029“, indicates that the global luxury yacht market continues to grow, with prospects for further growth in the years ahead.
Private jets: a world of dreams.
What is a private jet?
Private jets are aircraft designed for private use and are generally used for business or leisure travel. Unlike commercial airliners, private jets are generally smaller and faster. These differences are advantages that allow them to fly at higher altitudes and reach destinations more quickly. Private jets have a significant cost. They are often chartered by wealthy individuals, companies or celebrities for private or business travel. The costs of chartering a private jet vary depending on many factors, including
- the size of the aircraft
- the distance flown
- the duration of the flight
- the equipment on board.
The advantages of private jets:
Private jets offer several advantages over commercial flights. Here are some of the main advantages of private jets:
- Flexibility: Private jets offer great flexibility in terms of flight schedules. Passengers can plan their flights according to their needs and schedule, saving time and maximising productivity.
- Comfort: Private jets offer a much higher level of comfort than commercial flights. Some cabins are equipped with comfortable seats, private bathrooms, entertainment systems and internet connection, providing a more pleasant travel environment.
- Privacy: Private jets offer maximum privacy and confidentiality. In the age of jet-bashing, this is particularly appreciated by business people and celebrities who need to work or rest in peace.
- Speed: Business jets are often faster than commercial flights, as they can fly at higher altitudes and reach destinations more quickly.
- Time saving: Private jets allow for efficient management of travel time, as they allow passengers to arrive directly at their destination, without stopovers or transfers, thus saving time.
The most popular destinations for private jets in summer :
Just like yachts, private jets converge on certain destinations during the summer season, which are more popular than others. Here is a non-exhaustive list:
- Mediterranean beach towns are often very popular, including St Tropez, Cannes (especially in summer and from the Cannes Film Festival onwards), Ibiza, Mykonos, Santorini and Dubrovnik.
- Caribbean islands such as St Barts, the Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands are also popular with private jet travellers in the summer.
- Mountain destinations such as Courchevel and Verbier are also popular in summer for relaxing holidays.
- European cities such as Nice, Barcelona and Lisbon also attract many private jet travellers during the summer months.
Current trends in private jets:
The private aviation market is making every effort to meet the challenges of tomorrow that concern it. These challenges are ecological and technological. Here are some of the trends that are emerging concerning private jets:
- We are witnessing a rise in the power of electric jets: electric private jets are becoming a major trend in the aviation industry.
Technological advances are making it possible to develop lighter, quieter and less polluting aircraft. Projects such as EVIATION’s ALICE, eVTOL and Voltaero are emerging.
- Development of green airports: airports and the entire industry are committed to reducing the ecological footprint of airport structures. Baltra is one example, with others to follow.
Comparison between yachting and private jets, these two dream worlds.
What do luxury yachts and private jets have in common?
Yachting and private jets are two luxury industries that share many similarities.
Firstly, they both offer an upscale, comfortable and personalised travel experience, with luxury facilities and services on board.
Furthermore, both industries are often used by the same affluent clients who seek to travel in privacy and at their convenience.
Finally, for both yachts and private jets, destinations can be chosen according to individual preferences and needs. This allows clients to travel to more remote or difficult to access destinations for commercial travel.
What are the differences: cost, travel experience, accessible destinations.
Although yachting and private jets are both luxury means of transport, there are significant differences between the two.
Yachting is mainly used for sea travel. It is often associated with luxury holidays, exclusive events and deep-sea sailing experiences.
Private jets, on the other hand, remain a means of transportation, not relaxation. They are mainly used for air travel, such as business trips, family trips and tourist trips.
Private jets offer a number of practical advantages, such as flexibility of schedule, convenience of boarding and access to remote or difficult-to-reach destinations by other means of transport.
The differences between the two can also be seen in the technical aspects. Yachts are powered by combustion engines, while private jets are equipped with jet engines.
Finally, most yachts are designed to be self-sufficient, while private jets require regular maintenance services to ensure their safety and reliability.
In summary, although yachting and private jets are two dreamy worlds that may seem similar in terms of luxury, clientele and prestige, they are used for different journeys and have very different technical characteristics.
Fly in a private jet with AEROFFAIRES and land as close as possible to your yacht.
AEROAFFAIRES, aware that yachting and private jets are services that are aimed at its clientele, offers to charter a private jet or a helicopter to enable you to reach your yacht anywhere for the summer.
Need a private jet to reach your yacht in Cannes, Nice, Saint-Tropez, Saint Barth or Ibiza? Call on the services of AEROAFFAIRES.
To request a personalised, no-obligation quote, contact AEROAFFAIRES. Our aviation experts are available 24/7 on + 33 (0) 1 44 09 91 82 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill in our online quote and receive a reply within two hours.