Located in the northwest of Italy, Porto Fino is a fishing village on the Italian Riviera, southeast of Genoa, and surrounded by the Regional Natural Park and the Marine Reserve. “A small village that stretches like a half moon around a silent basin”: these words of Guy de Maupassant expressed his love for Porto Fino. In fact, this town is very much loved by artists, especially for its port, its typical brightly colored houses, its atmosphere and its maritime traditions.
Historical and cultural points of Porto Fino :
- During the Middle Ages, the natural harbor of Porto Fino was used as a refuge for the merchant marine of the Republic of Genoa. Today, it is a posh port, frequented by the Italian jet set.
- Following the Congress of Vienna (1815), the Kingdom of Sardinia recovered the region of Piedmont, Nice and Savoy, and was also granted the Republic of Genoa and Liguria in order to constitute a buffer state against France.
- The city of Porto Fino is famous for the composition in the 50s of the song Love in Porto Fino, written by Leo Chiosso and composed by Fred Buscaglione. This song was a famous success, hence the numerous covers by various international performers like Dalida in 1959 or even Andrea Bocelli in 2012.
- The famous Italian painter Guiseppe Amisani died on the waterfront of Porto Fino, where he used to paint. A marble plaque installed in his honor at this place, includes the following inscription: “Here the beauty of the world smiles one last time to the painter Giuseppe Amisani”.
- Porto Fino has a very important cultural wealth, from painters, writers like Maupassant, or other artists who through their works have expressed their love for this city. But this city is also very famous in the cinema. The English film Enchanted April was shot at Brown’s Castle in Porto Fino, for example, or the film The Wolf of Wall Street by Martin Scorsese, in which Leonardo DiCaprio plays, features various shots of the port of Porto Fino.
Location & access
Porto Fino is located in northern Italy, 36 km from the nearest airport, Genoa-Columbus.
Our AEROAFFAIRES team guarantees excellence before, during and even after your flight. Do you want to reach Porto Fino from an airport? We can organize your transfer* to Porto Fino by car (50 minutes) or by helicopter according to your wishes.
Audi RS7, Mercedes S Class, Aston Marin Rapid S, or Bell 206, Agusta 109, Robinson 44, we provide you with the vehicle of your wish.
Would you like to extend your stay and discover other secret corners of Italy? Discover now the top of the paradisiacal destinations in Italy.
*Do not hesitate to let us know your needs when you book your private jet.
The airport of Genoa-Christophe-Colomb is located 45km west of Genoa. It is the largest airport in the Liguria region.
The airport is open from 4:00 am to 1:30 am. Its runway is 3,065 meters long and can accommodate all sizes of aircraft. Thus, you can book the category of private jet of your choice. For example:
The coordinates of the airport are as follows
- Airport Code : GOA
- Altitude : 4 m
- Length of the runway: 3,065m
The Genoa-Christopher-Colomb Airport (GOA) is equipped with VIP lounges to welcome you and make your trip pleasant.
Want to discover the secrets of the Italian Riviera? We recommend a visit to the famous Chateau Brown, a true paradise on earth that overlooks the entire city of Portofino and offers a spectacular view of the breathtaking greenery of the city, including the typical brightly colored houses. Then, come and discover the Piazzeta and the marina, two symbols of the city of Porto Fino, which keep attracting jet-setters from all over the world. Are you in a sporting mood? Take a hike in the Regional Natural Park on the peninsula of Porto Fino.
Looking for luxury on Porto Fino? Our AEROAFFAIRES travel consultants recommend the Splendido Mare, A Belmond Hotel, Portofino.
Want to discover Italian cuisine? Let yourself be surprised by the gourmet cuisine of the Dav Mare.
Price estimate for the rental of a private jet
Paris Le Bourget (LBG) – Genoa-Christophe-Colomb (GOA) : from 20,000 EUROS* for an intermediate size private jet, for 7 people.
Ostend-Bruges Airport (OST) – Genoa-Christophe-Colomb (GOA) : from 11 EUROS* for light private jet, for 6 persons.
*The prices below are provided as an indication. To estimate the price of your trip, please contact us in order to establish a quote that will meet your exact requirements.