Description of AIRBUS A320
Airbus A320: Introduction
The Airbus A320 was created by Airbus, famous for being the manufacturer of the A380 or the A350. Airbus decided to launch the A320 in order to renew its fleet and explore local flight options. Initially conceived to compete with Boeing’s 737, the A320 now covers all the connections between the most significant European capitals. In this article, AEROAFFAIRES introduces you to the Airbus A320.
Airbus A320: A Bit of History
Unlike the A350 or A380 which are long-haul aircraft, the A320 is a mid-range aircraft. It is a new-generation twin-engine airplane with a spacious and luminous interior. The A320 is well-liked, especially for chartering due to its comfort and its level of silence.
Today, the A320 carries millions of passengers around the world. It is one of the preferred aircraft of airlines for international routes. A large number of orders have been placed, and many airlines have the A320 in their fleet. These include :
- Air France KLM
- British Airways
- Air Canada
- 15 193: the number of orders for an A320 as of 2019
- 8000: the number of A320 sold and delivered worldwide
- 6000: the number of A320 currently in circulation worldwide
- 1987: Following numerous talks between France and Germany, the Airbus A320 is finally born, destined for commercial aviation.
- February 22, 1987: First test flight for the A320.
- Since 1987: The renewal of Airbus’s fleet is underway using new generations of A320 nicknamed “neo”.
- 2016: First delivery of the A320 Neo for Lufthansa
- 2019: The A320 becomes the highest-selling aircraft in the world. It ensures consistent and profitable production for Airbus.
Airbus A320 Specifities
The A320, at the time of its commissioning, represented a true innovation with regard to air transport. Indeed, this aircraft was one of the first to replace mechanical controls with electrical ones.
The cockpit is also equipped with a full-screen dashboard.
The mini-steering sticks, typically present onboard fighter jets, make their apparition in the A320’s cockpit. This causes:
- An overall loosening of the aeronautical structure
- A lower kerosene consumption
- An improvement in the overall performance of the aircraft
- A more important level of security with regard to air traffic
Moreover, this electrical setup allows for a reduction of the number of crew members required: only 2 pilots are now necessary.
The mechanic responsible for the surveillance of the controlling system during flight is no longer required.
Moreover, the A320 gave rise to a new family of aircraft, ranging from the A318 to the A321, of different sizes, uses, and utilities for each operator and company.
As such, pilots qualified to fly the A320 will also be able to fly the other models. Indeed, the other models include similar navigation systems, cabin types, or cockpits, which heavily simplifies the flying process.
The inside of an Airbus A319
The aircraft is equipped with a single corridor with a minimum of 150 seats.
Flight Examples with an Airbus A320
- Paris-Mykonos: 120 000€ or 670€/passenger
Key Advantages of the AIRBUS A320
- Capacity: The A320 allows for the transportation of up to 180 passengers at its maximum capacity. The different options, as well as the class repartitions, may diminish its capacity. The standard number of passengers is typically around 150.
- Reliability: Used extensively by the commercial aviation industry, the A320 is very appreciated by air companies and by passengers. It is rather common to fly onboard an A320 on medium-range flights, as its reliability no longer needs to be proven. By renting an A320, safety is not a preoccupying subject. For air companies, it represents a key advantage.
- Distance: The A320 is capable of flying a distance of up to 5000 km. This aircraft is thus very appreciated for professional trips, group flights, or other activities in other countries.
The Airbus A320 is a new-generation single-aisle twinjet. The cabin is light and spacious, and the aircraft is very popular and exceptionally quiet. We recommend this aircraft for medium-haul flights and group charters, for example from London to Moscow or Paris to Istanbul.
In 2007, Airbus updated their A320 with an enhanced, quieter cabin with 10% more luggage storage in the overhead bins and a more sleek, modern design. The model also improved its galley and offers a new air purifier system with filters and a catalytic converter removing unpleasant smells from the air before it is pumped into the cabin. The new A320 also has LEDs for ambient lighting and a new in-flight entertainment system. If you have unique requirements, it is also possible to retrofit the cabin of this aircraft, making this a popular choice for those looking to charter a commercial airliner.
Travel by Airbus A320 for your next group trip
The passenger cabin on the A320 was updated from the previous generation and is now spacious and comfortable with an attractive design. This airline is perfect for group charters. Many of our customers rent the Airbus A320 for flying sports teams out to events or for the transport of groups of musicians.
Booking a private plane to travel as a group offers a significant financial advantage. Many customers charter a commercial airliner as it can often be a cheaper option than the group travel offers of regular airlines. AEROAFFAIRES is committed to respecting your budget and promises to offer you the solution best suited to your needs.
Charter a commercial airliner on your terms
With our dedicated engine, we can find an Airbus A320 at a price, date and time that best suits your requirements. If you have unique luggage requirements, we are more than happy to adapt your charter to make sure your journey goes smoothly. When you charter a private jet with AEROAFFAIRES, we take care of all the administrative and logistical details, guaranteeing you complete peace of mind.